2/26/10

The September Issue

In light of my recent lack of ispiration and motivation I thought it was a good time to see a movie I have been meaning to see for a long time. The September Issue was released to select theatres last August. Being the distracted person that I am, I missed my opportunity to see it on the big screen, so when the movie was released on Tuesday, I was able to snatch it up and enjoy it in all of it's splendor in my home.

The September Issue is a documentary about the making of the September issue of Vogue Magazine. The September issue is the biggest, most important issue of the year. The documentary follows Anna Wintour, editor and chief of Vogue, Andre Leon Talley (editor at large) and Grace Coddington, the creative director, as they create the 840 page masterpiece.

Watching Grace Coddingon create GORGEOUS editorials gave me that boost that I find myself needing every so often. Her story was really my favorite part of the film. I really suggest the film to anyone interested in fashion. It really shows what an impact these people have on the industry as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment